Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Kit, New Contest, New CT Call and Lots of Exciting News

Good Morning Digi Scrappers!

The sun is once again shinning here in sunny California and we are all finally healthy! Woo Hoo! The boys are just itchin’ to get out of the house and quite frankly, so am I. LOL!

I have lot’s of new and exciting things happening in my little digi world over here and I am bursting at the seams to tell ya’ll about it. So grab another cup of coffee and come and celebrate with me.

I am happy to announce I am having my first CT call. It’s only a one kit call, for my new Easter kit called ‘He Has Risen’.



I am looking for a couple of creative people to do 2 layouts and post to 4 galleries, one at my forum, one at DST and the other 2 are of your choice using the above kit. If interested, please send a short bio plus links (if any) of your gallery(s) to kalo@surewest.net.

Did you notice in the CT call above I mentioned my forum and gallery. I now have my forum, gallery, blog & store all linked and all fully functioning. I will post upcoming sales & events, store information, and new products in the forum so be sure to stop on by so you don’t miss anything.

I am also going to start hosting contests and challenges in the forum, beginning with my first challenge, a Blog Participation Challenge. Here’s the information from my forum:
My first challenge for you is very simple. I challenge you….to leave me a message on my http://kalodesigns.blogspot.com.

Once a week, and possibly more, I will randomly choose one blogger/scrapper to send a $5.00 coupon/gift certificate to. The coupon/gift certificate will be valid at my personal store, http://www.kalodesigns.com/store.

I will post a list of winners, as we go, here in the forum.
The reason behind this first challenge is because of all the changes I have had on my end. I know I don’t have as many freebies and I know I have lost some readers because of that. I understand this is just the nature of the digi scrapping world and, in all honesty, that does bother me a bit. I also know I have gained some new readers who are not here just for freebies.

So I decided I would randomly offer a gift to those who have stuck with me through everything as a way of saying ‘Thank You’. I thought about offering a kit, but I figured the coupon/gift certificate would be appreciated more since you can go in to the store and choose what you want.

I would love to hear what you think of the store, blog, forum, etc. If there is anything else you would like to see, just let me know and I will try to make it happen. I want this to be a site for you to come and enjoy what brought us all together in the first place, our love for scrapping!

I’ve Hit The Lottery! Well, not that lottery. LOL!

For the month of April, all DST members will receive 45% off their order at my store. Why you ask, because I won a lottery to have an ad in the April issue of the DST Insider. Yipee! I am so excited! DST really is the hub of the digital scrapbooking community and they have so many wonderful resources you should definitely stop by and check them out.

I will also be joining Digital Scraphouse which is a new store focusing on commercial use products. Keep and eye out for their grand opening scheduled for March 1st.

I am so blessed to be able to sell my products in so many wonderful stores. I know I haven’t kept up with announcing all the stores as I join them, but you can always find links to the stores I do sell in on the top right side of my blog.

I know I have so much more to share but I am just so darn giddy right now with everything I can’t think straight.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and…

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hey I would love to get one of those coupons! lol :-) I do love your work. Unfortunately for me right now my DH is without a job so I am unable to buy anything, let alone scrapbooking stuff! That is really cool that you have been able to create your own store and forum. I hope it all goes well for you. :-) Have a great day!